Monday, September 28, 2009

The Woes of Medi-cal

Seriously it takes about 3 times to submit something before they will pay.

My favorite line...

What happens if I die because I don't take this medication.....

My Response: Heres the Number to Medi-cal, Its not in my hands anymore. Heres the Tar number, good luck.

Medi-Cal Should Cover every single antibiotic for a KID no matter what. Seriously its a fucking kid. They need the damn antibiotic. Seriously! I am just in awe of this amazing system. They pretty much only PAY for the BRAND name. Which, in its self is BS!

I love this....

This happened yesterday

Me: Thanks for calling ***** Pharmacy How may I help you?

Crazy Lady: Hi, im not your customer but I dont know where there are any 24 hour stores of my pharmacy anywhere here.

Me: Oh what pharmacy are you looking for.

CL: Oh i am a customer at ***** Pharmacy.

Me: Its right across the street from here here is the phone number

CL: Oh thank you so much

Seriously if you can't use a phone book or the internet to figure out where the 24 hour store is of your chain pharamcy i do not want your scripts anyways. Good Luck!


Other Random thing of the day:

Condoms- UTD. Of course their insurance covers it- its a medi-cal contract insurance. I do love how you do have some kids, but you are able to afford some Mandalay. Get a job, get insurance then come back. If I have to pay for my condoms, then you can pay for yours, its how life works.

People wonder why the state is so broke...

Ill say it again, I really dislike the Medi-cal system. Back home, it was covered or it wasn't and we would call to get it switched. Here they have to go days without getting their medicine because of the stupid Medi-cal.

I Have a favorite Customer

She abuses Tramadol & Vicodin. She makes up a sob story to who ever is working and the Pharmacist usually will give it to her. Now she has about an extra month of Tramadol and she wants more. Last night I ran it through her insurance and oh no it was a RTS. Shes like oh yeah I picked some up at ***** Pharmacy today.. but i need more, they only gave me 4 tablets. (She has already used this same story but with a different pharmacy. Which I called before) So i call up ***** Pharamcy but they are closed. Great, So I call the 24 hour location across the street to see if they can look centeraly at their other locations. He told me he could and oh no she picked up another 30 tablets today. I called her back and said, sorry, we can't fill this, it will be ** days before you can refill this here. She then goes on to say that they are lying to me and that there is no way that they can do that. I told her to call the pharmacy tomorrow. SERIOUSLY! Crazy customers. Oh then she added that she can't take vicodin anymore because it makes her too sick.. BS!

on a side note.

Before you come in to a pharmacy-- Or any other public place- TAKE A SHOWER. If I have to hold my breath to help you, then there is a problem!

I love my job!!!

No comments: